Saturday, March 18, 2017

My Friend

My mom came across this poem a while back and shared it with me. I'll let D.J. Higgins words speak for themselves and give us all something to think about this week.




MY FRIEND
D.J. Higgins

My friend, I stand in judgement now
And feel that you’re to blame somehow . . .
On earth I walked with you day by day
And never did you point The Way.

You know the Lord in truth and glory
But, never did you tell the story.
My knowledge then was dim;
You could have led me safe to Him.

Though we lived together on the earth,
You never told me of the second birth.
And now I stand this day condemned
Because you failed to mention Him.

You taught me many things, that’s true,
I called you ‘friend’ and trusted you.
But I learn, now that it’s too late,
You could have saved me from this fate.

We walked by day and talked by night,
Still you failed to show me the Light.
You let me live, love, and die,
You knew I’d never live on High.

Yes, I called you Friend in life.
And trusted you through joy and strife.
And yet, on coming to the end,
I cannot, now, call you my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liar, Lunatic or Lord

Around this time of year, in churches all around the world, people are presented with a question. The same question that has been presented ...