Thursday, October 3, 2013

Klutz

Remeber when I started this blog and the first post talked about how I was a klutz, I said that sometimes falling on your face put you exactly where you needed to be. While bloggers, I wasn't joking when I said that I was a klutz and I proved it once again today.
Walking up to my apartment after work this afternoon I went to check my phone and discovered a missed call from my mom. While checking it I somehow managed to miss the last couple of steps and tumbling down I went, phone in hand, splattered out on the cement. My phone screen shattered, my body a little banged and bruised, and my ego a bit worse for the wear I managed to use another phone to return that missed call.
Now I sit here thinking about that first blog and smiling at how blind I can be. It was less then two months ago that I wrote that first blog and yet in such a short amount of time there have been countless times that I've forgotted to kneel down to my King and Lord. Maybe that's what today's fall was all about. After all, bruises and a phone are a small price to pay when you compare it to strengthing my relationship with him.
Now some would say that a fall is just a fall and they're right, but the question is... what do you do afterwards?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Amen to that! Or sometimes it's so we can learn to accept a helping hand =)

      Delete

Liar, Lunatic or Lord

Around this time of year, in churches all around the world, people are presented with a question. The same question that has been presented ...