Monday, October 14, 2013

Trip Through Time

We've reached over a thousand page views! How incredible is that? You guys have been amazing in bringing us this far in such a short time, it's only been about two months since I started this blog and I never imagined that so many of you would respond! Here's to you! In the last two months you have listened to me rant, laugh, muse, joke and give advice and even when it didn't completely make sense you still listened! Thanks for that guys, and thanks in advance for the next thousand page views that we'll hit!
Maybe it's just me but I feel like the last couple of months flew by before I even realized it. Some days I wondered if it would ever end, other days I seemed to wake up half-way through and more then once I wondered how it was already tomorrow! Have you ever felt that way? Ever caught yourself looking back in time and thinking about all the ways your life could've turned out had you just made that one decision differently?
I have, in fact just yesterday I was talking to one of my dear friends about a similar situation. We were talking about when we first met, we were in college at that time, and we both had so many plans and ideas of how our lives were supposed to turn out. Yet now, around the time when these plans of ours were supposed to be in full swing we discover that nothing is as we imagined it to be.
Five years of go if you had told me that I would be working towards publishing my books, writing a blog and living in the city I would've told you that you were insane and yet that's where I am. The fact is that God doesn't look at our plans and say, "Okay, that'll work, it's better then what I had planned anyways" he says "For I know the plans I have for you... plans to give you hope and a future..." think about that for just a second. Did you catch it? God already has plans for you! You can't change that!  Going back in time wouldn't "fix" your mistakes or help you "do things right" that's not how it works.
Maybe you didn't always take the right path, no doubt there are things that you wish no one would ever know about but Christ erased your sins when he died on the Cross. Regretting your actions won't change the past, it just makes you dread the future. Live in the present, for the one who died to give you a future, don't live in the past or worry about the future, God's already dealt with both.
So next time you take a trip down memory lane and you wonder how things might have turned out don't wonder if you made a mistake just smile because you know that God already had it all planned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liar, Lunatic or Lord

Around this time of year, in churches all around the world, people are presented with a question. The same question that has been presented ...