Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Sometimes It's Work

Have you ever heard the saying that if you love what you do you'll never work a day in your life? Well let me tell you something, I have two jobs, my writing, and the job that I go to every day that pays the bills, I love them both but I still work. Sometimes my writing is more work then my other job.
Writing is my passion, you've seen some samples of my work, some of you have gotten to read a few of my manuscripts even, I love to write! I believe with all my heart that God gave me this gift and I am determined not to waste it. Every time I think about publishing my work I pray that God will use it for His glory, that nothing will succeed if it won't be used to further His kingdom. But that doesn't mean it's easy. Sometimes I stare at a blank computer screen wondering why the words won't come. Sometimes I write for hours without every pausing or thinking about taking a break.
It's work, everything we do that is worth doing in this world is work. Otherwise we wouldn't appreciate it. We're selfish, we're broken, we're human, it's life.

Don't worry I really do have a point here other then just rambling and here it is. When you start to get frustrated or disappointed, when work isn't going well or you just can't seem to find the joy in it don't lose heart. Don't stop believing it what you do. It doesn't mean that it's not important it just means that things are tough right now. So persevere, keep working, put a smile on your face even when you don't feel like it. Turn up the music but most importantly hit your knees. Pray for that joy to be restored. When you make it through the valley of the shadow of death you'll realize that God is still waiting for you on the other side and His joy never left even if you didn't realize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liar, Lunatic or Lord

Around this time of year, in churches all around the world, people are presented with a question. The same question that has been presented ...