Friday, October 11, 2013

Insanity in Wonderland

Okay, maybe I don't actually live in Wonderland like you think of it and yes, it's too early for snow and a Winter Wonderland (although that's coming soon) but you know that feeling when you need to laugh instead of cry? Well lately I've done quite a bit of both. Don't worry though, things are improving! Or at least they will, oh you're probably lost huh? Well maybe I should start at the beginning.
Once upon a time in a.... just kidding, let's start on Thursday, on my way home from work I fell down the stairs and shattered the screen on my phone. Yes... that really happened.
Friday was all right but then came Saturday. I was supposed to meet up with family after work but things got crazy and I ended up leaving late so they had to wait for me for almost an hour before I could get out of there. After a few hours of amazing family time I had to head back to work to sort out issues from earlier that day, I was already exhausted and by that night I knew I was well on my way to a cold.
Sunday I was really miserable but still had to go into work. Thankfully things were slow so I managed to survive but Monday was another story. I was at work for all of an hour when my boss told me go home. I knew we were short-handed that day so I was determined to stick it out, just over two hours later I gave in and ended up at home, crawled up in bed and armed with Kleenex, cough drops, hot tea and soup... for two whole days!
I'm not kidding bloggers it was crazy! Walking across the living room was hard, that is the definition of one insane cold!
Wednesday I just went to work for a few hours, granted by the time I got home I was exhausted but it felt good to know that I was getting better. Then came Thursday...
It started with some time with my big brother, sister-in-law and precious little niece which of course was amazing, I got to play with my niece well my brother and Sister ran errands then had to turn her over to go to a meeting. Everything was going well until I headed out to meet some friends for a small group. I left in plenty of time... and a hour and a half later I made it somewhere I knew so that I could call and get more accurate directions! The thing is that I had broken my cell phone so I could look anything up, couldn't just pull over and call someone, I know a lot of you probably remember the age before cell phones but trust me I don't. =) Okay that's not true I do but I also get lost... a lot, cell phones that look up directions or people to call to give me directions, those tend to save my life... a lot!
The fact is that I finally made it, there and home. I survived but trust me it was insane! The fact is that sometimes life is insane. Sometimes it feels like we're in another world, Wonderland or Neverland or whatever other magical fairytale land we like to find ourselves in. So what's your story? What insanity has life thrown at you lately? What land do you wish you could disappear into these days? You've heard mine, now what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liar, Lunatic or Lord

Around this time of year, in churches all around the world, people are presented with a question. The same question that has been presented ...