Saturday, April 15, 2017

Be Present

Tuesday morning I got on Periscope and listened to my friend, Cara Grandle, on her weekly Writer's Encouragement Show. Of the many awesome points she talked about there was one in particular that stood out to me.

Being present.

Do you have any idea how hard that is? To actually slow down and be present in the moment.

I'm almost always focusing on my schedule or looking forward to whatever's coming next. So how do I slow down and be present?

Well her message was definitely divine timing because my nieces, Ella and Addy, are here visiting this week. It's a busy week and there's so much work to get done, writing and editing always waiting for me, research books that need studying and of course, Easter right around the corner. But instead of focusing on all that God constantly brought Cara's words back to mind.

Be present.

The girls are five and two. They're growing up so fast and I need to cherish every moment that I have with them. These are special days with the girls. Days that I can never get back so I don't want to waste them.

It's more then just being present with the girls though. I have to learn to be present with God.

Like I said Easter is this weekend. Good Friday is the day we remember that Christ died on the Cross for our sins. Resurrection Sunday is the day that we remember He didn't stay in the grave but rose again and is now in heaven but will return again some day.

I don't think that there could ever be a better holiday to take a break from the celebration and focus on God, be present in His presence and remember His sacrifice and the good news of His resurrection.

Happy Easter and may God bless you as you remember Him and His blessing of the Cross and the empty grave!

By the way if you want to read the Easter story look up www.biblegateway.com and check out Matthew 27:11-28:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liar, Lunatic or Lord

Around this time of year, in churches all around the world, people are presented with a question. The same question that has been presented ...