Thursday, March 20, 2014

Ministry Moment- March

I just realized that I never did a ministry moment for March. So here it is! To kick spring off on this beautiful first day of spring (by the way my windshield was frozen this morning, what kind of spring is that?) let me tell you a little bit about... drumroll please... Village Missions!

Now this is one of my favorite ministries, probably because I have a very personal connection to it. Several people in my family have served with VM and a few still are. Now some of you may know what this wonderful ministry does but many of you probably have the exact wrong idea.
Unlike many of the ministries that I hope to highlight in months to come VM doesn't head out to the jungles of Columbia or the frozen tundra of Mongolia (at least not that I know of) they serve here on the home-front.
Village Missions has a simple goal, they send out pastors to rural churches to keep those places alive! They work in both the U.S. and Canada and have been serving since 1948 (they began work in Canada in 1968).
This is an amazing team of people who take pastors, and their families, and send them throughout the land to make sure that small towns are not forgotten about. Now speaking as a small town kid myself I'd say that's something pretty spectacular. I could probably go on for hours and hours about VM but I won't. So let me just sum it up.
Reverend Duff started this ministry in (as I mentioned) 1948 and in the last 66 years it has turned into a thriving and vital ministry. Their website www.villag-missions.org is filled with helpful tools that illustrate how much they do. They provide pastors, start churches, support their missionaries, they have resources like AWANA, bible school and offer reading recommendations.
If you're looking at going into the ministry or looking for someone to support either through prayer or finances I would suggest looking here. This is one ministry that I love and support and can definitely recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liar, Lunatic or Lord

Around this time of year, in churches all around the world, people are presented with a question. The same question that has been presented ...