Thursday, March 6, 2014

Adventures

How do you take adventures? Through a road trip? A book? Vacation? Maybe going out to a party or a special night out on the town. Whatever it is it's your way of exploring the world. Many times we convince ourselves that we have to take the safe side of things. The truth is that we don't always have to though.
There are lots of ways to explore. You can explore your neighborhood by getting to know your neighbors, explore your city by finding those hidden little gems that every town has even if you don't realize they exist. Explore your state by taking short day trips to different places around, explore your country (if you can) by visiting some of those places you've heard about but never been, explore this world maybe by going on a missions trip.
Now some of you are wondering, why? You may not want to go off an explore, maybe your one of those people (like I often am) that would rather hide away in a corner and just read about adventures. I can't tell you how many times I've wished I could be one of those adventurous people and yet when I had the opportunity I didn't take it. One of the reasons that frustrates me is that's not how I was raised. My family takes the words "following God wherever He might lead" and lives it out in a way that very few people in this world do.
That's how we ended up moving to a different state when I was twelve. Mom and Dad didn't know how it was all going to work out but they trusted that the Lord was taking us there for a reason and that He would provide for us. And He did, through all the tough times and the hard parts He provided and it wasn't easy but it gave me an example of faith that has shaped my life. When we were getting ready to move my mom found a verse that she still claims to this day; "...go from your country, your people and your father's household to the land I will show you." Genesis 12:1
What would it look like if we were all willing to actually follow that command? I want to find out, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liar, Lunatic or Lord

Around this time of year, in churches all around the world, people are presented with a question. The same question that has been presented ...