Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Tribute To Mothers

Well bloggers it's that time of year again and children everywhere are spending the day honoring their mothers. Well I wanted to do my part to and upon trying to think of a way I thought of this. Writing a letter to Mom, well technically it's addressed to my Mom I think the sentiments are something most of us can agree on. So Happy Mother's Day Moms! I hope that you had a great one!

Dear Mom,
A long time ago you and Dad decided three kids might be enough but by then it was already too late and not too long later I came around. I was kid number four and probably put you through enough trials that you could've screamed, in fact I think you probably did once or twice.
But you loved me anyways and despite the cut strings on the laundry bag and the broken shelf in the closest (when I was supposed to be helping clean the room) you managed to survive. I remember making clothes for teddy bears at the kitchen table, "helping" you make the bed, and listening to you read Redwall books while lying beside on the bed.
Whether it was math homework or trouble with friends you were always there to listen and help me out with problems. Sometimes we fought and every now and then tough love was needed but you were always there when I needed you and you still are.
Now the problems are less about homework and more about work, but whether it's a bad day or a tough situation you're still there to talk it through with me and stay up late until we find a solution or tell me to go to bed and we'll deal with it tomorrow. You still hold me when I cry and listen to me ramble, and I still love you for all of it.
A few years back I heard a saying that said something like "If I could give you a mirror so you could see in yourself what I see you in then you would know how truly amazing you are." And that's how I feel about you Mom. You are one of the strongest women I know, you and Dad have withstood some tough times but you always got through it, together, and you gave your kids an example to live up to. You weren't always perfect but you did the best you could and just so you know Mom... I'd say you did a pretty amazing job!
Grandma used to say that you don't know how your kids turn out until you see your grandkids, while your grandkid isn't quite old enough yet to really know but speaking as the youngest sibling I'd say we all turned out pretty good.
Anyways I love you Mom and I just want you to know how really and truly amazing you are. Thanks for being such a beautiful, wonderful, awesome woman of God, wife, mother, sister and daughter, you've given me an incredible example to live by. I just thought you should know that.

Love,
Kattarin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liar, Lunatic or Lord

Around this time of year, in churches all around the world, people are presented with a question. The same question that has been presented ...