Wednesday, March 9, 2016

A Prayer of Restoration

I was recently reading the book of Jonah. When Jonah went to Nineveh, an evil and wicked city, he proclaimed the message God had given him, that because of their wicked ways God would bring judgement on them and destroy the city and everyone in it. But the people of Nineveh repented, even the king humbled himself and repented of his sinful ways.

With the presidential races heating up in America many people are seeing the need for a  man or woman of God, a leader of integrity to step into the Oval Office and lead our country. Some say that's it's too late for us but I refuse to accept that. I think the book of Jonah, the city of Nineveh and so many other examples in the Bible give us hope. America still has hope but it's going to take a lot of prayer and a change of direction for us to once again be restored to the country that God intended us to be, the country that was founded when people came here searching for freedom and fleeing persecution.

So this is my call, my request to all Christians in America, please vote! Pray about the candidates and vote for the one that will follow God and lead this country down the right path once again.

To all Christians all over the world I ask that you would join me and so many others in praying for my homeland, that my leaders and my people would humble themselves before the Lord and return to being a nation of laws and a people of faith once again.

Here's my prayer.

Lord,
I beg you to place a president in November who loves you, who lives their life with integrity and will lead our people with the wisdom of Solomon. I ask that you would give wisdom to our people as we consider our options, that you would give us courage to vote and remind us that every vote can make a difference. I ask that you would humble us before you, that you would return us to you that you would make yourself known here in America that leaves us no doubt of your presence, of your love and of your commitment to us. Restore us Lord to a country that can make a difference for you in our world. Restore us to a land of laws that is able and willing to do what is right and stand up against adversity.
Wake up your people in the land Lord, that we would not be sleeping but that we would be prayer warriors, praying for our country and our people. Unite us God so that we, as your children, can call out to you as one and be heard above all the other voices.
Be with us God, shape us, change us, and bless us as we seek to do your will.
In Jesus' name I pray,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liar, Lunatic or Lord

Around this time of year, in churches all around the world, people are presented with a question. The same question that has been presented ...