Saturday, December 3, 2016

New Nephew!

It's not often that I get the chance to write about some of the most important children in my life, my nieces and nephews. Last year I would've only been talking about nieces but in November two nephews were added to my family! The most recent one being just this week, Wednesday to be exact. So here it is, an insight into my life and a few of the children that hold my heart!

There's five of them now- three girls and two boys born to two different sets of parents. Since I'm taking the chance to talk about them I may as well brag a little bit.

The oldest is Ella- A precocious little girl, not even five yet, who already has a flair for the dramatic and loves to be the center of attention. She definitely loves playing the role of big sister and recently told her daddy that Granddad, Daddy and her Uncle were cool but Grammy and Auntie Kitty (that's me by the way!) weren't because "they're not tall enough". I'm not sure what the height requirement is for coolness but I'm sure Ella will tell us one of these days!

Next in age comes Sam- Already two years old and going on sixteen! With a defiant streak to match her stubborn one this little girl is ready to take the world by storm, or at least her house! She's only been a big sister for a month but she's already loving the role. And speaking of things she loves from the time she was born this girl has loved music but more then that she loves to dance and anytime she hears tunes that girl starts dancing away! I can see a few recitals in my future!

My youngest niece to date is little Addy- If I could pick one word to describe this less-then-two-year old it would be independent! She wasn't even a year old when she started trying to climb up the ladder to torment her sister up on the top bunk! She can be exhausting to try to keep up with but there are few things that can melt my heart faster then when I come to visit and Addy starts running around in circles shouting "Kitty, Kitty!" over and over again.

The first nephew born this year was Clay- Born on November 2nd and for you baseball fans out there you realize that it was the same day that the Chicago Cubs made history by taking the World Series all the way to game seven and walking away with a win for the first time in 108 years! Now as a lifelong Seattle Mariner's fan I don't say this often but if Clay wants to be a lifelong Cubs fan then he has my full blessing!

My youngest nephew is Mickey- Only three days old and this little guy has already stolen my heart and I haven't even met him yet! Since his parents live in a different state it's hard to get up there to see him but we have had our first official Skype date so I could see the little guy in real time. A precious baby boy he's going to have two big sisters to contend with but no fears Mickey, Auntie's got your back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liar, Lunatic or Lord

Around this time of year, in churches all around the world, people are presented with a question. The same question that has been presented ...