Saturday, September 24, 2016

I Believe In God

Have you ever had that conversation with someone when they're like "Oh I believe in God" and you just pause because you're not really sure what to say next. They're not saying they're a Christian, they may not even be saying that they believe in another religion, they're just saying that in some generic sense they believe in God.
I'm a people pleaser and my first reaction is always to say "Oh well good," because I think to myself "well that's a start right?" But what does the Bible say?

James 2:19 "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that- and shudder."

Ouch. Yep that just happened. So where does that leave you in those conversations? Well I'm not saying you should compare them to demons but keep it in mind. Just believing in God in the general sense isn't enough. Jesus wants you to believe in Him.

John 14:6 "Jesus answered. 'I am the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father except through me.'"

It's more then just a generic belief. That's what so many people don't understand so make sure you do and, when you can, in love, help others understand that to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liar, Lunatic or Lord

Around this time of year, in churches all around the world, people are presented with a question. The same question that has been presented ...